In the name of full disclosure, I am not an expert on Hindi, India, or literature. The explanations you find here are the compilation of what I can find on a given term or a phrase. If you see a mistake or if you would like to contribute, please let me know by posting a comment. Thank you.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Baoji

'Yes, Baoji,' said Maan... (p. 6)

Maan repeatedly addresses his father "Baoji". Later in the book, Mrs Rupa Mehra starts a letter to her father with "Dearest Baoji" (p. 44).

I was unable to find anything about the word "Baoji," but a friend of mine from Mumbai assures me that "Baoji" is the word for "father" in Punjabi.

3 comments:

Richard H. Black said...

Hey what a brilliant post I have come across and believe me I have been searching out for this similar kind of post for past a week and hardly came across this. Thank you very much and will look for more postings from you. Jongenskleding

Best said...

nice bLog! its interesting. thank you for sharing.... gifts

김면중 said...

I adore your blog.