In the name of full disclosure, I am not an expert on Hindi, India, or literature. The explanations you find here are the compilation of what I can find on a given term or a phrase. If you see a mistake or if you would like to contribute, please let me know by posting a comment. Thank you.

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tissue-Patola Sari

Patola Saree, photo by arty_zen on Flickr
'I could have warn the tissue-patola sari I wore for my own wedding,' sighed Mrs Rupa Mehra. (p. 3)

Patola is a type of silk, originating in the Gujarati region of western India. To produce this fabric, the warp and the weft yarns are tied separately and dyed prior to weaving. The dyeing process is also known as Bandhani work. Patola fabrics have no reverse side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you soooo much for your help! Aphid from france

Unknown said...

nice blog,thank u
http://www.unnatisilks.com/